Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to improve reliability and stability of Webflow’s customer-facing, production infrastructure, serving millions of page views per hour. Our product is used by over 2 million users world-wide across 190 countries, and you’ll help ensure our platform is secure and scalable for these users as tens of thousands of projects are launched on Webflow each month.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco or Remote (Western Hemisphere)
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you'll:
- Join our App and Site Hosting team, which is responsible for infrastructure behind the main Webflow application, as well as the infrastructure required for our hosting plans.
- Empower engineers on other teams to take control of their services by writing shared infrastructure-as-code tooling and collaborating on internal best practices for infrastructure.
- Occasionally dive into the main Webflow application in React, Node, and MongoDB to better discern (and sometimes fix) behavior in production.
- Work with peers on Webflow’s Customer Support, Partnerships, and Sales teams to enable customers using Webflow’s services in production.
- Collaborate with members of Webflow’s Security & Compliance team to maintain a secure production environment, especially as we work towards SOC 2 Type 2 compliance in 2021.
You'll thrive as a Site Reliability Engineer if you:
- Experience operating customer-facing services in production, in at least one previous role.
- Experience navigating multi-tier cloud environments on either AWS or GCP.
- Experience with container-centric architectures, built with Docker and tools like Kubernetes (EKS, GKE, AKS, OpenShift, etc.), ECS, Docker Swarm, or Mesos.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
It would be a bonus if you had:
- Experience as part of an on-call rotation for customer-facing services in production.
- Experience with Kubernetes, OpenResty, Terraform, or Pulumi, specifically.
- Experience navigating a production codebase, particularly as a Backend Engineer.
- Experience working in a distributed team, especially across international time zones.
- Experience working in high-compliance environments or a special interest in security engineering. We are not the security team, but we are always looking to improve our security posture!
If you don’t meet 100% of the above requirements, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a job if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements!
We don’t expect you to be an expert in all of the areas described above, but you should have enough skill to ask questions required to better scope a task, then recommend an approach and execute on that task. You should also be interested in improving your skills in the areas you are less familiar with.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move uncomfortably fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We give you a 5 week sabbatical after 5 years of service
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Backend Engineer and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
Please note that a background check will be required in connection with this position. If required, we may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes. If your application is selected, your Recruiter will provide additional context about our background check process and will happily answer any questions you may have.