Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Our Segment Product Line standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
This IT Engineer will support Twilio's global presence, supporting the massive growth throughout the company. You will be dedicated to the Segment product line focusing on employee productivity, and achieving operational excellence.
Twilio is looking for an Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of streamlining processes and helping create an amazing IT experience. They also have:
- 3+ years experience working with systems administration or engineering with 5+ years of overall IT experience.
- Advanced experience with cloud platform administration including AWS, Okta, Google Suite or equivalent platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of managing/administrating systems including hardware, OS (Mac, Windows, [Linux is a plus])
- Experience with Jira Service Desk administration or similar service desk ticketing system
- You build trusted relationships with both internal and external customers/vendors and lead with a “customer centric” mindset
- You enjoy solving difficult problems and partnering with teammates to solve them.
- Able to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- You possess excellent communication skills while having a breadth of knowledge regarding IT software (SaaS), hardware and networking.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework/standard methodologies and ability to understand the concepts of identity management for enterprise systems.
As an IT Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DON’T SETTLE:
- Work within our Service Desk ticketing system and ensure all tickets are responded to and updated per SLA’s
- Partner with the Segment Security team enforcing security standards across all devices (Laptops: Firewall, full-disk encryption, anti-virus, screen lock. Network: Firewalls, Patching, 2FA, VPN)
- DRAW THE OWL: Provide Network troubleshooting/support to end users
- BE BOLD: Troubleshoot and resolve advanced issues with hardware, software, applications & networking
- BE AN OWNER:
- Design, implement, and manage cloud services in our IT infrastructure through technical project management
- Manage endpoint management tools (ie.Jamf, Fleetsmith, Airwatch)
- You take initiative to identify and resolve issues that can improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the team using excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create and improve IT procedures for our various systems and services including onboarding, offboarding, and automate where possible
The IT Operations Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with leadership and the user community to provide strategies for the implementation and support of our worldwide server infrastructure. We’re finding ways to automate and streamline our day-to-day processes to create more time to work on challenging projects.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Denver/Boulder Metro: $99,840.00-$124,800.00
Rest of Colorado: $87,360.00-109,200.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks