Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
About This Role
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer who can contribute in building B2C features within our mobile and web designs. This role would be reporting directly to the VP of Engineering and is responsible for pushing forward the experience, interaction and visual language of our products across the web.
As part of our talented team, you will be expected to challenge the status quo and bring new features and interaction ideas to the table. Our brand has room for growth and innovation, and we are looking for a candidate who is driven and motivated by their passion for solving complex user experience problems through visual- and interactive design. As our newest Software Engineer, you will become part of a community that grows together - both professionally and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team has kept agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact on the code, while also carving your own path from day one.
We are looking for someone who wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
What You'll Do
In this role, you’ll help us to code new and impactful features within the roadmap, while also taking our current platform to the next level. You’ll be involved from beginning to end — brainstorming, prototyping, coding, debugging, shipping, and all within an agile work environment.
We are growing our team with people who want to build, improve and incorporate technologies that change the lives of the user. As an engineer at Talkspace, you'll collaborate with teams like product, data science, analytics, and operations on code that empower us to iterate quickly, while also making sure our platform is scalable and reliable at the same time.
- Technical Skills
- Write clean, efficient and testable code - it’s not easy but it’s important
- Participate in the technical design of new features while also building new features and enhancements
- Passionate about quality, performance, reliability, and security and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Able to understand product trends and industry standards, while balancing those against our roadmap.
- Good experience, knowledge and expertise in at least one level of coding (backend, frontend, devops)
- Sheppard your contributions through peer review, testing, deployment, and finally monitoring in production
- End to end responsibility for getting Production ready features to the finish line.
- Identifying problems and potential risks in his code and others
- Helps keep consistency and quality in the code base with PR overview and feedback
- Helps enforce proper QA for all products you are involved in
- Both learn from and teach your fellow engineers by providing constructive feedback
- Has a “big picture” view point
- GSD (Get Stuff Done)
- Collaborate with small teams of talented engineers, product managers, and designers to build the best platform for psychotherapy
- Delivers Complex Product to QA that they believe are well baked and bug free
- Work with your team and our QA Engineers to ensure excellent test coverage and improve code when needed
- Persistent in the face of roadblocks, knows when to pull others to solve the problem if needed
- Write test scripts and SQL queries, work with various automation tools and debuggers utilizing the full stack
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle and stack
- Experience building and running cloud architectures
- Experience with WebSockets
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Linkedin, etc)