Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join us! We are looking for an Android Engineer with amazing collaboration and development skills to join our growing Mobile team. As an Android Engineer on our Mobile team, you'll help to design, build and maintain our critical Android app.
What You'll Do
- Develop and support a business critical Android app for Talkspace clients.
- Build innovative features that positively impact our user experience.
- Collaborate across pods with Product to Design teams to grow the Android app.
- Work with our technology stack consisting of mostly Kotlin, starting to use compose for views, okhttp with retrofit, and multiple android jetpack libraries like navigation and room.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience is acceptable.
- 2-3 years Native Android development experience.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with third-party libraries and SDKs.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Experience with Kotlin, or interest in developing knowledge and skills with Kotlin.
- Experience in mixed interface layout techniques.
- Knowledge of GitFlow, Git and Jira.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
- An eye for design and user experience. You love delighting users with subtle animations and details.