Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health solution for employers and health plans. Unlike any other solution, we use clinically validated technology called Precision Mental Healthcare to pinpoint and deliver exactly what will work for each person — whether that’s meditation, coaching, therapy, medication, and beyond.
Today, Spring Health serves more than 200 companies, from start-ups to multinational Fortune 500 corporations, and is a preferred mental health provider to companies like General Mills, Guardian, Bain, and Instacart. We have raised over $300 million from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor, Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
We are looking for an experienced data engineer to join our team. You will help to define our product and engineering roadmaps and work as a part of a cross-functional product team to find elegant solutions to mental healthcare’s many problems. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry, and backed by prominent VCs including Rethink, RRE, and General Catalyst.
About the Role
At Spring Health we believe that data-driven technology and decision making is a critical part of solving the thorny, complex challenges of provider quality and accessibility in a broken system. We are looking for an experienced Sr Data Engineer who cares about impact, ownership, cross-functional projects, and mentorship.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be part of a team of innovative engineers working on core pieces of our data infrastructure, pipelines, and data services underlying our product
- Lead and contribute to the code, systems and integrations
- Work on implementing and designing a data warehouse for all data use cases
- Work with stakeholders on requirements and solutions for data pipelines and data views
- Partner with Data Engineering and other stakeholders to improve our data platform
- Work with data scientists on the team when you discover game-changing opportunities for larger modeling and machine learning projects
What we expect from you:
- Ability to write high-quality code in Python (or related languages) and a track record of shipping impactful data projects
- Experience in building fault-tolerant data pipelines with logging, alerting and data validation that goes beyond simple scripting
- Experience implementing and designing data warehouses using MPP databases such as AWS Redshift, Snowflake or BigQuery
- Ability to build data models using SQL for business analysts to consume with a data governance focus
- Data visualization experience a plus such as Tableau, Looker
- Experience working with highly sensitive data in a healthcare environment
- A track record of making quality vs. deadline tradeoffs in fast paced environments
- Strong communication skills and ability to generate consensus and buy-in within the team
- Organizational skills and the ability to simplify complex problems and prioritize what matters most for the sake of the team and the business
- Experience applying data and analytics concepts to business problems cross-functionally
- Proven success in partnering with and explaining data and analytics concepts to non-technical team members at any level of seniority
- Humble, scrappy, highly motivated, and thrive in fast-paced environments