Staff Integration Engineer
Solv is a leading app that helps you get access to convenient, same-day and next-day healthcare. On Solv you can easily find a nearby care provider, schedule a visit and avoid a long wait. The app is powered by a network of doctors and clinics who run Solv’s software to deliver a modern patient experience for both in-person office visits and virtual visits online. This provider software makes running an on-demand healthcare practice easy–and keeps patients happy. More than 27 million visits and 7 million COVID tests have been booked through Solv. Learn more or book your appointment at SolvHealth.com.
Why work at Solv?
We have awesome problems to solve. The healthcare market provides a fantastic blend of problems. We need creative people to help us bring much-needed innovation to the healthcare industry, along with the human side of helping people access health care quickly and easily and helping them feel safe. It’s work that matters.
Engineering focus. We use the phrase "we're a tech company that does healthcare" to emphasize how important engineering is to the company. Engineering is the department that drives our apps, tools, data, and interfaces forward. This attitude comes not only from engineers but from our founders. They believe in us.
Pace and sanity. We're that rare company that holds to our culture of its startup roots and we like to move at speed while blending in the sanity of a regular work schedule with an emphasis on work/life/family balance.
You be you. If we would brag about anything, it would be that we have an amazing team who truly support each other to be ourselves. Bring all of your awesomeness to work.
How we work: The engineering team is currently ~25 people, and we break into small teams of 2-4 to focus on specific projects. We release weekly, but new features are always under development and often span releases. We believe in testing our code properly. We use enzyme and jest for unit testing and write our own cypress tests for our critical flows. Each team member is responsible to make sure that only high-quality code gets to production. Organizationally, we're pretty flat, though you'll have a mentor with whom you'll have weekly 1-on-1 meetings, to review code, exchange ideas, and ensure we're doing everything we can for you to thrive in your role.
Solv was founded in 2016, backed by phenomenal investors, Benchmark Capital and Greylock Capital. We were voted Best Place to Work in 2020 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with an office in Denver.
You can expect to:
- Be part of a new greenfield development initiative creating integration tools that will change how healthcare systems share data
- Plan, design, and implement integrations between the Solv platform, Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems, and other external services
- Collaborate from a high-performing team, learning from and mentoring peers from a broad array of personal and professional backgrounds
- Continuously improve our customers’ experience in cross-functional partnership with product and customer success teams
You'll be great for this role if you have:
- 5 or more years building software as a backend engineer or full-stack engineer in a production environment
- Excellent Python skills
- Proven skills building software interfacing with/exchanging data with transactional APIs/services synchronously and asynchronously and integrating into existing workflows
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS databases (Postgres or mySQL)
- Solid understanding of secure coding practices and data security
- Deep knowledge of data types and structures
- An eye for scalability
- Effective communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- A love of ambiguity and jumping into new environments to learn through experience
- Bonus: if familiar already with health tech platforms such as Epic, Cerner, Athena, and Redox and protocols such as HL7
- Bonus: if familiar already with robotic process automation software
- Weekly tech meetings where we present learnings or new technologies we want to explore
- Weekly “demo and donuts” to present your work before it gets shipped
- Yearly engineering learning stipend
- Monthly expensed lunch roulette to get together with people you don’t usually work with
- We are all currently working remotely, but we have offices in San Francisco and Denver
- All IDEs welcome
- Generous benefits (unlimited time off, 401k, health + dental coverage for Solv squad members and the people that depend on them)