This role has no specific closing date
Remote or onsite in Reykjavik and San Francisco
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
Avo is a startup based in San Francisco and Iceland, and backed by world class investors, including Y Combinator, GGV and Heavybit. We are looking for someone experienced in cloud infrastructure to join our team. If you’re excited about designing and rolling out reliable and fast cloud infrastructure, you’re in the right place.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Owning initiatives for new features with large infrastructure components.
- Designing, building and optimizing our cloud infrastructure using Google Cloud services such as BigQuery, Dataflow, PubSub, Compute Engine, and Cloud functions.
- Developing web services with ReasonML and Node.js.
- Expanding our continuous deployment, and cloud monitoring systems.
- Playing a key role in identifying and handling incidents.
What skills and traits do I need? 📚
- Excellent communication and organization skills. Able to convey and communicate results and learnings in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Willing and able to work in a remote culture and communicate in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a cross-functional team.
- Ability to focus on the product even when building infrastructure.
- High proficiency in designing, building and maintaining cloud infrastructure.
- Excited about data-driven development.
- Always be improving.
- Bonus for:
- Experience with front end development using tools such as React.
- Experience with leveraging user behavior analytics to answer questions, for example, through building charts in Amplitude or querying SQL databases.
- Experience implementing event-based analytics with tools such as Amplitude, Mixpanel, or Segment.
What do I get? 😍
- Join a high-performing, fast-moving, international startup backed by world-class investors, including Y Combinator, GGV and Heavybit.
- A company culture comprised of mutual respect, no politics, all hands on deck, and a sense of shared responsibility.
- Teammates that care about continuous improvement — for ourselves and our company.
- Top-of-the-line equipment.
- A remote-friendly culture.
- The opportunity to learn a lot and grow with us.
What are the next steps? 🐾
To get started, pop your email in the top right of this page.
You’ll answer some questions that are related to your day-to-day job. After the job closes, your answers will go through our sift process: all answers will be anonymized, randomized and then reviewed by a panel of reviewers. In order to prevent bias we will not look at your CV until your answers have been anonymously reviewed and the shortlist has been drafted.
If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to the next step, and finally an interview. Also, we love giving feedback, so you'll be able to see how well you performed at each stage of the application process.
We will start reviewing applications on August 7. Expected duration of this application process is 4-6 weeks.
Role posted - 3:59am, 13th Jul 2020 PDT