Security Operations Manager, Global Security
At DeepMind, we value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
This is a rare opportunity to join an outstanding team of people in a complex, mission-driven company. As DeepMind continues to grow, we are now seeking a Security Operations Manager to join our Global Security team. We’re looking for a hardworking and driven individual who wants to be part of an outstanding team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment. You’ll be working with some of the brightest minds which takes skill, enthusiasm and an exceptional attention to detail. With a people-first approach, this role would suit someone who thrives in fast-paced, changing environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
We’re a dedicated scientific community, committed to “solving intelligence” and ensuring our technology is used for widespread public benefit. We’ve built a supportive and inclusive environment where collaboration is encouraged and learning is shared freely. We don’t set limits based on what others think is possible or impossible. We drive ourselves and inspire each other to push boundaries and achieve ambitious goals.
We constantly iterate on our workplace experience with the goal of ensuring it encourages a balanced life. From excellent office facilities through to extensive manager support, we strive to support our people and their needs as effectively as possible.
Our list of benefits is extensive, and we’re happy to discuss this further throughout the interview process!
As the Security Operations Manager you will support the day-to-day security of DeepMind’s London headquarters and its international offices, as well as DeepMind’s global activities. You will have experience in handling 24-hour security operations. You will work closely with Alphabet security to ensure DeepMind’s security operation is at the forefront of innovation and practice.
- Support the day-to-day physical and technical security of DeepMind’s London headquarters and its international offices
- Support DeepMind’s global activities, from international travel to attendance at conferences
- Implement and deliver Alphabet and DeepMind security policies and procedures
- Partner with Alphabet to craft and implement physical and technical security measures
- Supervise multiple vendors and a 24-hour security team, including a 24-hour Security Operations Centre (SOC)
- Fulfil a primary role in DeepMind’s Incident Management (IM)
- Provide security management for local and regional events
- Flexibility to work out of hours when required e.g. emergencies and security incidents
- Infrequent international travel will be required
- Minimum undergraduate degree in a related subject, or equivalent work experience
- Proven work experience, preferably in the police, government or in corporate security
- Experience working in a 24-hour physical and technical security operation
- Knowledge of technical security measures, including CCTV and access control
- Good management and leadership skills, and the ability to create a positive team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Must thrive in dynamic environments with the ability to prioritise incidents and make sound decisions when working under pressure
- Must be innovative and resourceful, and motivated by a desire to take the initiative and find solutions to complex problem
- A qualification or certificate in risk management
- Background in Environment, Health and Safety standards and practices
- Experience and/or interest in cyber security
Competitive salary applies