Principal Product Manager, Developer Experience
About the role
As a product management leader focused on the Developer Experience team, you’ll be responsible for making the +60K developers using our product to build content authoring applications successful, defining the strategy and roadmap to achieve this. These developers design and implement content models and build tailored digital experiences for content editors on top of the Sanity platform. This is a critical role that bridges data models, content models, developer experience, and editorial experience to create a world-class application building product that delights customers. You’ll work closely with customers and collaborate with cross-functional teams to guide products from conception through launch and adoption.
What you will be doing
- Own the strategy, roadmap, and success of Sanity’s content authoring application builder.
- Influence Sanity’s and the industry’s strategic direction.
- Understand customer pain points, use cases, and workflows.
- Own the measures of success for your area of the product. Evangelize those measures throughout the company, and use them to drive insights and new product hypotheses.
- Collaborate with engineering and design to deliver a steady stream of high-quality product improvements to customers.
- Discover and validate new product opportunities for Sanity.
- Be an expert on the evolving content management market and have a point of view on how Sanity can win in that market.
This may be you
- Experience building products that developers love.
- Experience in solving complex problems with simple solutions that have great user experience.
- Experience crafting and executing the strategy for a large product or area with competing priorities.
- Customer focused with excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial-minded and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are execution-focused and driven to ship great products for customers.
- 7+ years of software product management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to discover, define, and deliver software products or cloud services.
- Degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
Good to have
- Experience working with application builder products, developer oriented products, content management systems, and data platforms or similar products.
- Experience leading open source projects.
- Startup experience.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Apply anyway!
Sanity is the platform for structured content that lets teams build exceptional digital experiences. By treating content as data, modern organizations use our APIs to build optimal editing workflows and share content between systems to increase digital velocity. Our mission is to be the most versatile system for creating and distributing digital content to any device, application or channel.
The Elements of Sanity
- Embody Empathy — Value the user experience above all
- Rely on Trust — Reap freedom, velocity
- Work on What Matters — Let Fires Burn
- Be Considered, but be Brave — We seek excellence, not perfection
- Value Difference — Our diversity is a source of growth
- Celebrate Change — We learn and adapt as the world changes. Sometimes we change it.
- Be mindful, be clear — Precise, attentive interactions are multipliers
Applying for jobs can be great fun, but it can also be exhausting. We aim to give each candidate a safe and meaningful experience. The individual processes may differ, however below we have outlined the five main steps you can expect from us.
Send us your application and we'll check if your skills match what we are looking for.
Get to know us
We'll invite you for a chat about you, your background and about Sanity.
Interview with us
We'll invite you to a first interview to get to know you and your skills better, and if it’s still a match we'll invite you to a second interview. Ahead of the second interview we'll send you something to prepare.
Meet a colleague
We value the different perspectives and would love for you to meet one from our team.
We'll ask you for references and have a final discussion in our team deciding on an offer. If you receive an offer it is your turn to decide, and we'll be on standby answering all the questions you may have!
Our stack is built on a mix of the tried-and-tested and the bleeding edge. The core technologies we currently use include Kubernetes, Prometheus, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, NATS, Kong, and Google Cloud Platform.
Insurance and pension
US employees are offered medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) non-matching. Employees outside the US are enrolled in equivalent or public schemas.
Vacation and time off
We have a Scandinavian approach to time off (you get a lot). 5 weeks of paid vacation every year, and we require that you at least take 4 of them!
We support (and urge) you to take paid time off with your family.
We invest in your health by subsidizing physical activity and access to mental health services.
We offer all our employees stock options when they join.
All hands events
We meet twice a year either in Europe or in the US.
You will be a part of a highly-skilled, inspiring, and supportive team.
Our Nordic heritage
Positive, flexible, and trust-based work environment in a company that strives for a healthy work-life balance.
Remote or home office
Flexible hours and optional home office / remote in periods.
Food & snacks
We have catered lunch and snacks five days a week and stocked fridge in our offices.
We provide you with the tools you need to do your job, we'll also cover your phone and home internet expenses.
You'll work in an environment that encourages and facilitates long term learning and personal growth.