Principal Product Manager, Developer Experience
About the role
As a product management leader focused on the Developer Experience team, you’ll be responsible for making the +60K developers using our product to build content authoring applications successful, defining the strategy and roadmap to achieve this. These developers design and implement content models and build tailored digital experiences for content editors on top of the Sanity platform. This is a critical role that bridges data models, content models, developer experience, and editorial experience to create a world-class application building product that delights customers. You’ll work closely with customers and collaborate with cross-functional teams to guide products from conception through launch and adoption.
What you will be doing
- Own the strategy, roadmap, and success of Sanity’s content authoring application builder.
- Influence Sanity’s and the industry’s strategic direction.
- Understand customer pain points, use cases, and workflows.
- Own the measures of success for your area of the product. Evangelize those measures throughout the company, and use them to drive insights and new product hypotheses.
- Collaborate with engineering and design to deliver a steady stream of high-quality product improvements to customers.
- Discover and validate new product opportunities for Sanity.
- Be an expert on the evolving content management market and have a point of view on how Sanity can win in that market.
This may be you
- Experience building products that developers love.
- Experience in solving complex problems with simple solutions that have great user experience.
- Experience crafting and executing the strategy for a large product or area with competing priorities.
- Customer focused with excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial-minded and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are execution-focused and driven to ship great products for customers.
- 7+ years of software product management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to discover, define, and deliver software products or cloud services.
- Degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
Good to have
- Experience working with application builder products, developer oriented products, content management systems, and data platforms or similar products.
- Experience leading open source projects.
- Startup experience.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Apply anyway!