Sanity.io is the fastest, most flexible platform for delivering content to digital devices and products. Our platform is redefining the CMS market and changing the way organizations collaborate and work with content. Our growing community of developers and editors proves we are improving the working lives of people all over the world.
Sanity is trusted by organizations from Figma to Burger King and MIT. That trust is based on our product’s ability to quickly create customized workflows and content models, drive a programmatic approach to content, and enable organizations to distribute structured content from a single source of truth. Sanity is experiencing strong growth and raised our Series A this summer.
We believe that you cannot build a great company without a great culture. Read about our values and join us in building the new standard in content management.
About the role
We’re looking for a results-oriented Head of Product Marketing to design and execute on our product go-to-market and build out our product marketing organization. You will work collaboratively across teams on launches and partner releases and manage our properties and channels to position Sanity as the best place to collaborate on and publish digital content.
You’ll report directly to the co-founder heading marketing and take part with mgmt in defining strategy to reinvent the content management category, building out the team and executing and building processes to deliver on our product marketing efforts. Even though this is the first dedicated product marketing hire there is already an organization in place with regards to analytics, demand gen, copywriting and developer relations.
Working closely with CEO, founding team, product, devrel, and sales, you’ll be responsible for:
- Driving successful adoption of Sanity.io through the full go-to-market motion, from building launch strategies that increase consideration and interest in the product, to partnering with Sales on enablement materials that drive expansion among existing customers
- Developing product strategy. Positioning, messaging, and channel strategy based on user research, market insights, and feedback from the mgmt team, with the target of reinventing the content management category
- Building out and managing a team of individual contributors and freelancers
- Translating our product roadmap and marketing strategy into a calendar of releases and external marketing efforts and communicating these back to the team
- Driving collateral development and en masse user communication (primarily, but not limited to blog, landing pages, user emails, social media, newsletter, and relevant platforms like ProductHunt, HN)
- Partnering with product and sales to set and achieve user acquisition and conversion targets
- Measuring impact post-launch and offering ongoing recommendations around product activity metrics and platform growth
Who we’re looking For
- You have a proven track record in building out product marketing functions
- You’ve got 5yrs+ experience in product marketing or other relevant go-to-market role
- You’ve managed strategy at various stages of the product lifecycle, for a developer centric SaaS product
- Proven track record in managing a broad role in a structured manner with ability to prioritise and execute on the key levers for success
- You're a strong communicator who understand developers and buyer personas
- You have experience from managing individual contributors or a small team and are interest in managing a growing team
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an non-traditional background? Apply anyway!
What we can offer
- You will be a part of a highly-skilled, inspiring, and supportive team, and work in an environment that encourages long term personal growth.
- Positive, flexible, and trust-based work environment in a company with a Nordic culture.
- You will be based out of San Francisco. You will also have the opportunity to work from our office in Oslo, Norway from time to time.
- Flexible hours and optional home office / remote-in periods
- Parental leave, health insurance and PTO days
- Competitive salary and stock options program