Sanity.io is looking for a creative developer to bring the story of how to build with content as data to new and existing audiences.
Who are we?
Sanity.io is the fastest, most flexible platform for delivering content to digital devices and products. Our platform is redefining the CMS market and changing the way organizations collaborate and work with content. Our growing community of developers and editors proves we are improving the working lives of people all over the world.
Sanity is trusted by organizations from Condé Nast to Burger King and MIT. That trust is based on our product’s ability to quickly create customized workflows and content models, drive a programmatic approach to content and enable organizations to distribute structured content from a single source of truth.
We believe that you cannot build a great company without a great culture. Read about our values here and join us in building a diverse and inclusive team.
About the role
We are looking for someone who can intrigue developers to think of content as data. You are a creative and friendly developer that loves communicating how things work and helping people succeed with their projects. We like to think of code as a creative medium and you probably do as well. Creating content about how to use Sanity.io will allow you to explore a wide range of different technologies and use cases, so learning in public and enjoying it will be an important part of what you do.
At Sanity.io you will join a team of 3 developer relations specialists and be an important part of bringing our platform to large audiences of developers and technologists.
What you will be doing
- Come up with new spectacular demonstrations and uses for Sanity.io
- Create sample projects, guides and tutorials to help explain how people can build with Sanity
- Use social media, video, and writing to reach new audiences and create connections with developers around the world
- Hold public talks and represent Sanity in the community
- Be a part of the team responsible for getting feedback from the community to create the best possible developer experience
This may be you
- Enjoy working with media to create clear and compelling communication
- Love seeing others succeed by helping them
- Have a passion for building strong and inclusive communities
- See code as a creative medium for personal expression
- Like finding simple ways to explain complex topics
- You can show us examples of technical blog posts, talks, or other tutoring work
- You have some online presence and are used to communicating about technology in a public setting
- Value giving and receiving feedback on creative work
There are many roads leading up to being a developer relations specialist. Our team is already a mix of self-taught and formally educated people. Don’t self-select out!
What we can offer:
- Positive, flexible, and trust-based work environment in a company with a Nordic culture
- A healthy work-life balance - balance in life is important to us, and we accommodate flexible work hours that allow for having a healthy work-life balance.
- You will be based in our San Francisco office, or work remotely in the US. You will also have the opportunity to work from our office in Oslo, Norway
- Stipends that help cover physical health, home internet, and cell phone expenses
- Generous parental leave, health insurance and PTO
- Competitive salary and stock options program.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Apply anyway!