At Rows we create tools that make computation accessible to everyone. Coding used to be hard. Rows changes that. We want you to create interactive web apps using the spreadsheet skills that you already have. Imagine a grid where each cell can exchange data with other online services or repeat a job. This is what we’re building.
Rows, formerly dashdash, is a well-funded startup with top investors like Accel, Lakestar and Cherry Ventures. We are a team of 50 who want to empower business people to take their life into their own hands again and build the tools they need for their jobs themselves. We have offices in Berlin - a business team of 5 - and Porto - a tech team of 45. Check us e.g. on TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Business Insider (DE) and many other media!
We are hiring a Product Education Specialist for our office in Berlin (Germany). As part of our Growth team (under G1 in our Teams directory), your mission is to make Rows’s product accessible and easy to use and to empower users to learn effectively by creating a clear and compelling in-product and off-product content experience. This includes building and maintaining a great spreadsheet template gallery that our users love and a world-class knowledge base. If you are ambitious and are excited about building the education strategy that will introduce millions of users to the new default spreadsheet in the world, this role is for you.
- Develop and execute on a product education strategy to activate users and teach Rows effectively to prospective and active users. Create and maintain educational content across channels: esp. templates, integrations, in-product, knowledge base, Youtube.
- Own the end-to-end prioritization, creation and performance assessment of our templates. This includes defining a vision and strategy for our templates, creating its content (inc. detail pages and spreadsheet) and regularly assess its performance (installs, contribution to user retention).
- Create and maintain the content of our integration pages.
- Maintain and expand our knowledge base. Distill Rows’s key features into documentation that is practical and visually clear.
- Create and maintain other customizable content related to features, such as instructions for the data explorer, recommended tables, the autocomplete feature, error messages.
- Prepare and post content for product updates and release notes to be shared with users via different channels (inc. our in-product feature release announcements)
- Create and maintain other educational content where appropriate, e.g. Youtube videos.
- Periodically review content with actual users and make sure they are getting the desired benefit.
- Give strategic input to Founders and the Product team including business opportunities, market focus, product roadmap, hiring, etc.
- You have 3-5 years of experience writing documentation that helps non-technical end-users navigate technical products and situations - experience in software companies preferred.
- You are an educator at heart. You are passionate about teaching and driven to help people accomplish something easily without barriers.
- You love spreadsheets - you want to know them in every detail, and you love building stuff with them.
- You enjoy learning about new technologies, solutions to business problems and genuinely want to help people solve their problems with technology.
- You have exceptional writing and visual communication skills, and excel at creating well-structured and clear content in text and video.
- You abhor typos and value elegance as key drivers of a professional brand and user delight.
- You are very knowledgeable about Rows’s product and our industry.
Nice to have
- Proficient in design software (creating great GIFs and videos).
- Proficient in data analysis (SQL).
- Experience working in platform marketing within a SaaS company.
- Experienced in the reality of services and APIs.
- Experienced in writing content in the context of B2B SaaS.
- Deep understating of bottoms-up SaaS models.
Compensation and Perks
- Expected Annual Gross Salary: To be discussed during the interview process.
- Employee equity plan.
- Liberal work-from-home policy.
- Unlimited unpaid vacation policy.
Send the following information to us:
- Complete Linkedin link or CV pdf.
- Which position you want to apply to and why.
- Email, phone contacts.
- Also send three (3x) 1-hour slots of availability in the next 3-5 days.
- A product exercise will be part of this interview process.