Redox is a growing company with the purpose of making healthcare data useful by building reusable infrastructure.
Redox Engineers solve hard, fulfilling problems in health tech while fostering a top-notch working culture, having fun, and respecting each other. We value a desire to learn, adapt, and problem solve to delight our customers.
What’s it like to work on an Engineering team at Redox?:
- 🎓 Individual Growth and Learning over Immediate Results - Live in your learning zone while work on complex problems and that will stretch you. We believe in taking learning time to develop your craft as a part of the work we do.
- 🎮 Context over Control - We believe good ideas can come from anywhere and want to empower you with context to do your work with high autonomy and to create an inclusive environment where you participate in broader decision making with your teammates.
- 🦾 Confidence and Safety over Speed, Speed over Perfection - Work as an empowered developer to implement solutions designed by you or by teammates through the entirety of the SDLC, including testing, code review, deployment, and operationalization.
- 🤝 Ownership of Outcomes over Neatly-Defined Work - You will participate in on call rotations and shared engineering responsibilities (with support from secondary oncall dev, SMEs, and playbooks!).
- 🎉 Be Authentic - Connect with teammates and the company through offsite retreats (~2 - 4 a year), for company and team alignment and fun.
- 🍐 Team Productivity over Individual Productivity - A collaborative work environment, you’ll pair with your teammates daily (we’ve been remote since 2014!) to make progress on projects or solve problems as needed.
In addition to some of the values we shared above, here is more about what you can expect:
- 💚 To develop greenfield microservices environment alongside evolving legacy architecture.
- ♾️ Our environment embraces DevOps culture and ownership of our team’s systems, both the application and the infrastructure of it.
We are currently growing all of our application teams. If you are specifically interested in one please let us know, if you are unsure apply and we can find the best fit.
Message Processing Team
This team has supported our traffic’s growth over the last few years from 1 million transactions per day to 14 million with a current 8% monthly growth rate. We care deeply about scalability, stability, latency and error rates ensuring our customers get the data they need when they need it.
Implementation Experience Team
This team focuses on empowering our customers at scale, enabling them to quickly understand and respond to the health of their connections. We are driven to delight our customers as they seek to understand the patterns in their traffic, find the one troublesome payload amongst the millions, and efficiently understand and resolve any issues they are seeing.
Record Locator Service
This team builds products that help customers manage patient identity and locate patient records nationwide. We create patient search algorithms, scale ETL pipelines for patient demographic data, and provide access to clinical data nationwide from thousands of providers.
Developer Experience Team
This team owns the mission of making Redox a platform that developers LOVE to use for their healthcare integrations. We deliver an amazing experience to developers through building high quality APIs alongside testing tools, sandboxes, and other tools developers need in order to innovate.
If you’re interested, please read on for requirements and to apply.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. We don’t expect anyone to meet all the criteria below and encourage you to apply if you see yourself working in some of these ways and would like to grow in others.
You are probably a good fit for one of our engineering teams if you:
- Approach your work with curiosity, embrace your learning zone, and are fueled by a desire to expand your impact.
- Routinely take on complex projects that can span a month or multiple months.
- Focus on connecting business and customer value to your work.
- Take on a leadership role in projects that you are executing on helping the team understand tradeoffs and execute to business needs.
- Mentor other team members.
- Weigh tough tradeoffs and bias towards action and execute strategically.
- Adhere to work standards, follow change management processes and advocate for changes to improve our systems.