At Proton, we envision an internet where privacy is the default, and we’re building ways to help all people secure their digital lives and take control of their data. ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users.
Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, including ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and more to come.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei. We're also considering future potential office locations such as London and Barcelona.
About the position:
We are looking for a Product Owner who would make sure that the day-to-day execution adheres with company product priorities. You will work on one of our products: ProtonMail, ProtonVPN, ProtonCalendar or ProtonDrive.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with engineering teams and their leads on a frequent basis to help manage priorities, backlogs, and delivery schedule
- Communicate with other members of the product team to assist in planning and execution of our feature pipeline
- Collaborate with our customer-facing teams on incoming reports and requests, and resolve prioritization
- Coordinate with other teams at Proton Technologies to make sure shipped features and improvements are supported with effective marketing campaigns
- More than three years as a product manager, product owner, or equivalent role coordinating release cycles for technical teams
- Ability to understand the company’s technology at a deep level
- Experience working closely with internal technical teams, including engineering and development
- Leadership and management skills, i.e., proven ability to motivate, lead, and drive teams
- Strong project management skills, i.e., ability to manage time efficiently, delegate responsibility effectively, solve problems quickly, present persuasively, and communicate clearly
- Experience in agile and/or scrum environment required, certification is a plus
- Degree in computer science or engineering preferred
- Past software development experience (e.g. JS, Swift, Kotlin) considered a plus
- Experience in development of B2C products on mobile platforms is a plus
Why you should join Proton:
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail uses the Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring process and a better candidate experience. Your data will always be kept confidential and is not shared with any third parties. Keep in mind that you will receive emails from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.