Who We Are
Open Up Resources is a nonprofit organization increasing equity in education by incubating and
disseminating the highest quality curriculum coupled with implementation support to the broadest
number of teachers to empower them to effectively and sustainably improve student outcomes in
pre-K-12 English Language Arts and Mathematics.
What We’re Looking For
This position will support the design and development of curriculum for the organization which includes
new program development and revisions. Translating the business strategy from our leadership team
into execution-ready product strategy for the team, this position will partner across the organization to
achieve our vision cohesively, effectively, and in a way that fosters confidence in our ability to deliver
high engagement product experiences that customers purchase.
You'll serve as a key leader driving our product roadmap and delivery, and will ensure the ongoing health
and quality of our content and platform products.
Primary focus and key responsibilities:
● Work with and report to the Managing Director of Product Engineering, and the Chief Academics
Officer, to create and implement curriculum design standards and methodologies based on
innovative pedagogies and best practices that result in higher quality teaching and learning
● Provides expertise on effective assessment methodology and direct measures of student learning,
designing instruments, sampling student work, data analysis, and reporting for continuous
● Collaborate to ensure all program/product development and revisions follow established standards;
ensure consistent application and maintenance of those standards and methodologies across all
● Work with the Academics team content experts to ensure application of OUR curriculum
● Support new course development and revision project plans for the Academics team
● Assist with development and implementation of viable new programs and support materials
● Provides product direction and coordination on curriculum development and revisions
● Coordinates with all parties involved in the curriculum development process to ensure
Position Core Competencies:
Ethics and Integrity: Behave in a fair and ethical manner toward peers, partners, and customers; instill
mutual trust and confidence; act with honesty and integrity.
Business Skills and Knowledge: Demonstrate a solid literacy in areas related to OUR’s business and
curricula products; able to design and develop organizational strategies to align performance with
business needs or desired results.
Planning/Organizing/Goal Setting: Demonstrates the ability to organize people and tasks; develops
realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability; defines realistic,
specific goals and objectives; prioritizes objectives.
Teamwork and Collaboration: Work with colleagues to build morale and team commitment to goals and
objectives. Cultivates a positive partner and customer service relationship, and fosters two-way
communication; delivers products that exceeds or meets customer expectations.
Diversity: Understands that each individual is unique and celebrates individual differences including
race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran
status, education, training, position, level of authority, seniority, full-time or part-time status.
Continuous Improvement: Continuously seek opportunities for innovative approaches to address
organizational opportunities supporting strategic initiatives.
Solution Oriented: Able to take action in solving problems, using reason and a systematic approach.
Managing Change: Embrace an environment nimble to change, both internally and externally, in
response to adjusting business needs, educational ecosystem and/or strategic shifts to meet the
● With 10+ years of experience in product leadership, you are deeply familiar with technology and can
shape effective prioritization and requirement specificity to usher product development through to
● You’ll have 5+ years of professional experience in higher education, or equivalent, specifically in the
areas of instructional design, online programs, and course development.
● You're a data-centric leader, able to dive deep into the product performance metrics to identify fact
patterns and derive action, while also seeking insight through user research measures to understand
● Equal to your passion for building great products, you’re committed to growing and developing a team
while collaborating in cross-team environments.
● You’ll have a Masters degree, or the equivalent experience level.
● Excellent communication, project management, conceptual, organizational, and analytical skills are
● You thrive and are able to foster a positive remote team environment.
Open Up Resources Values
3. Physical, Mental and Emotional Well-Being
4. Learning and Growth
5. Achieving Our Mission
● At Open Up Resources, we believe in building and fostering a diverse, inclusive and anti-racist
remote workplace environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all
applicants are considered for employment without attention to color, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
● We are seeking candidates who have lived experiences related to social justice, diversity, equity,
● We are a virtual organization with headquarters in the California Bay Area.
● We offer competitive compensation and generous benefits packages.
Application Link Coming Soon