What to expect
🥞 Our stack → React, Node, Typescript, Serverless, GraphQL.
👋 Week one → Hit the ground running. Our 4 person engineering team is small, busy, and excited to work with someone they can trust to get the job done. Our primary goals in that first week are for you to feel comfortable with our stack, introduced to the team, and ready to start streamlining our code release cycle.
You'll work closely with the rest of the team, and they'll trust that what you're building is following industry best practices, easy to use, and scalable.
🌱 Month one → We're in the process of rebuilding our product and migrating to 2.0. We'll need your help building packages that our end users will integrate into their applications, and contributing to the overall scaleability of Memberstack. Other projects range from contributing to our pre-built UI templates, payments infrastructure, authentication, and more!
🌳 Long term → This role will never go away! We don't expect you to stay forever, but we'd love if you did. We're in this for the long haul, and we're here to support your goals.
About this role and why it's critical
Memberstack's current version of the application is built on Webflow (front-end), Node, Express, and Mongo (backend). With a scrappy MVP, we've been able to scale to 2,000+ customers who have made over $20M in revenue using Memberstack.
Now that our value proposition has been validated, it is time to level up our product to get it in the hands of even more people. You will be responsible for building functionality for thousands of customers and potentially millions of end-users.
As a core member of a small team, you will be trusted to help ensure the long-term success of this new product through a commitment to craftsmanship — that is to say a dedication to raising the bar on code quality and end-user experience.
Does this sound like you?
- You have experience developing REST APIs and GraphQL APIs.
- End-user experience is as important to you as code quality.
- You know how to architect and build scale-able infrastructure.
- You know how to refactor existing applications into clearer, standardized, documented, and testable applications.
- You love developing software applications from start to finish: through conception, research, polish, and maintenance — to build delightful products that perform reliably.
- You can code, test, debug, and automate complex applications on the backend, but are not afraid to occasionally help in the frontend.
- You enjoy working in a team, but are able to operate with a high degree of independence and autonomy.
- You're a product-builder at heart and care about building meaningful, exceptional technology.
- You have clear written & verbal communication skills in English.
- Bonus: You've previously engineered products that have been used by a lot of people.
- Bonus: You have experience working with JWT's, OAuth, Saml, and other various authentication mechanisms.
Interested in learning more? Apply for this position here.