We're looking for a software engineer to join our team. We value attitude and curiosity over experience, and we're aiming to build an even more diverse, more inclusive environment at MAD. You'll be working alongside our small team of strategists, designers, and engineers, as well as the variety of freelancers we work with regularly.
We build digital products for every screen with a particular focus on the connection between hardware and the software that accompanies it. We have a moral backbone, we're transparent, and we don't take on marketing-oriented work. We aim to build great products for honest clients in a way that empowers our entire team. Realistic goals, room to grow, no crunch time, no low budgets, no time-tracking.
What we've listed below reaches far and wide, but please do apply if you feel you meet even some of the requirements.
- 3+ years of experience in the industry either as a freelancer, at a studio, or at a product company.
- A proven track record of building and shipping digital products.
- You can turn briefs, business goals, and stakeholder requirements into solutions while putting the end user first.
You are confident in presenting your work (via Zoom for now) to the rest of the team as well as our clients.
- Ability to self organise and collaborate. We don't have project managers or client relations persons.
- You have a deep knowledge of one of the following platforms, and are interested in learning more about some of the others as you go:
iOS: native development using Swift or Objective-C with UIKit or SwiftUI, as well as experience releasing apps on the App Store.
Android: native development using Kotlin or Java with Android Views or Jetpack Compose, as well as experience releasing apps on the Play Store.
React Native: cross-platform development using TypeScript, and preferably experience building or integrating native modules.
Web: understanding of web standards and one of the modern frameworks such as React or Vue, and experience deploying code to production.
- You have experience with standard software engineering best practices such as source control, automated testing, and code review.
- You value the close collaboration between designers and engineers that leads to happy discoveries and that extra layer of polish.