Legacy (YC S19) is a Series B startup focused on the fast-growing field of fertility and family planning. Founded at Harvard three years ago, the company has raised close to $50M from leading investors like FirstMark Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, Section 32, and celebrities like Justin Bieber. The company has raised 4 rounds of venture funding in 2.5 years. Today, Legacy is the category leader, working with major insurers, major employers, and the military, in addition to its D2C offering.
What do we do?
We are building a complete digital health hub for future parents. We aim to change the outdated view that fertility is a "women's issue" by creating an accessible, affordable product for men. This includes everything from a mail-in kit for sperm testing & sperm freezing, personalized sperm improvement products, tele-health, DNA fragmentation analysis, supplements, and more.
Please note: We get 100s of applications. We'll be unable to move forward with an interview period unless you fill out first in a couple lines why you're interested in the role! :)
We are looking for a Product Copywriter who will improve and shape our marketing to product experience. A key mandate will be delivering clear, empathic, and customer-centric copy for all users of all Legacy products. This is a cross-functional role that will work closely with both the Product and Marketing departments and will report directly to the VP, Product.
- Write product and web copy, driving a narrative across a diverse set of product lines and shaping our marketing to product experience. The scope can include landing pages, feature descriptions, all copy in the client dashboard and on each physical product, and more
- Collaborate with product designers, product marketing managers, and product managers to help users easily solve their problems and enjoy the end-to-end product experience
- Identify opportunities for content additions, improvements, and innovations and effectively pitch those ideas to the team and stakeholders
- Leverage data regularly to iterate, optimize, and create the highest performing copy
- Maintain Legacy's authentic brand voice consistently across all product experiences
- Perform regular functional and editorial quality assurance on content
- Embodies Legacy's values: Customer Centric, Responsible, Kind, Humble, Winner
- At least 2 years of experience writing UX copy for a consumer audience (health & wellness preferred)
- Experience collaborating with teams across multiple disciplines
- Ability to juggle and meet multiple deadlines consistently
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication, and copyediting skills
- Portfolio of writing samples and style guidelines
- Nice to have: experience with user-centered design and accessibility
Why should you join us?
Look, there's lots of reasons to join any high-growth startup. "Get on a rocket ship" blah blah blah. If you're the kind of candidate we're looking for, then you already know this. Here are a few other reasons you might not already know:
We're a team of under 50 people, despite being at the Series B stage. You will be one of the first 50 employees and will profoundly impact where the company goes in the coming years.
Everyone thinks about becoming a parent. You will help couples on their journey to creating a family. You will help push society towards a fairer, more equitable place. You will be a trusted resource for men and women at the most intimate moment in their lives, including heterosexual couples, LGBTQ+ couples, and individuals who are thinking about how and when they'll want to have a family in the future.
We will invest in you like you wouldn't believe. Every single hire gets an executive coach. You'll get training for anything you need. We'll give you an unlimited 'Health & Wellness' stipend where we pay for 75% of anything you deem might improve your life (Mattresses, Pelotons, etc.) You'll have a 'buddy'. We'll set you up with a charity and match your contributions. And we will talk about your careers goals, aspirations, and feelings every single week.