What We Do:
Landit is the leader in personalized career pathing to increase the success of women and diverse groups in the workplace. Our platform one-size-fits-one solution enabling companies to attract, develop, and retain their talent.
We redefine the employee experience by providing each person with a personalized playbook that provides the tools, resources, know-how, and human connections they need to advance and navigate their career.
Landit is proud to partner with sector-leading organizations including Pfizer, ADP, Ford Foundation, Metlife, SAP, USTA, and Workday and we have members in over 70 countries.
Why We Do It
Knowing where you’re going is an amazing feeling, but sometimes the next step isn’t so clear. We are an entirely new approach to career fulfillment for everyone who’s stuck, looking to make moves, or simply wanting to do and achieve more.
We are the solution to that all-important question: Where Do I Start?
Our goal is to unlock the potential of everyone in the workplace so they can achieve success on their own terms. When you have what you need when you need it... That’s How You Land It!
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You enjoy building APIs and system services that can scale seamlessly with a quickly growing user base.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- You're pragmatic. Sometimes a beautiful solution is impermanent and expedient. You know how to make the call.
How You Will Change the World in this Role
- Implement New Products—Work closely with the VP of Engineering, other engineers, designers, and product managers. Define, test, and execute new user-facing features and platform integrations. Build reusable libraries and tools to help the team move faster and write more reliable code.
- Build Scalable, Reliable, Secure Back-End Technology—Work with Rails, Python, and AWS to craft and implement user-facing features and internal tooling. Apply your knowledge of architectural patterns and coding constantly to ensure a smooth and scalable user experience.
- Optimize Application for Maximum Speed and Scalability—Our product and stack are constantly evolving, so we value versatile engineers who seek out the right tool for the job, and who aren’t afraid of exploring the unfamiliar. We'll count on you to identify new (or new-to-us) technologies, frameworks, and libraries that enrich our members' experience.
- Contribute to Every Stage of the Product Development Process— Analyze the needs of our members, clients, coaches, and internal team to inform design and development decisions. Be a key contributor to our product development process, from conceptualization to launch to support.
Why We'll Love You
- 4+ years of relevant production work experience in back-end web or mobile development, preferably in Ruby on Rails or Python.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and experience working with a variety of types of databases and data stores (we currently use Postgres, Redis, and DynamoDB)
- Experience developing fault-tolerant, scalable, and secure applications using best practices, modern tools, and architectural patterns.
- Awareness of top web application and back-end security risks and techniques for mitigating them.
- Bonus points if you've directly worked with AWS services and tools in production.
Why You’ll Love Us
- Health Benefits - We believe in investing in our team member’s well-being. That’s why we’ve partnered with the best to provide comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage (and a few extras too). Our premium benefits keep you thriving while you’re doing important work.
- Investing In Your Future - Landit provides equity and a 401(k) retirement program as an investment in your long-term success.
- Change and Impact the World - Our platform touches and transforms careers and lives daily around the world. Every quarter, each teammate has dedicated days reserved to pursue their philanthropic and community passions.
- Ultimate Flexibility - Work remotely whether that’s at home in the city, the suburbs, or on the beach
- A Compassionate and Joyful Culture - We work hard, celebrate the daily wins, and appreciate the little things. A sense of humor and good food are core to our culture. We love sending treats and surprise care packages to our team members!
- Personal Growth - We are committed to your success. Come learn, stretch, and grow without limitation.