About this position:
Hipcamp is seeking an experienced and motivated IT Analyst who is passionate about technology and the outdoors. We are looking for someone that appreciates cross-functional collaboration and is excited to establish processes at a startup looking to scale! Team Hipcamp is a fully distributed workforce, with an outpost in San Francisco. It is important for this role that you’re comfortable working with distributed teammates all over the globe, enabling the entire team to function at our peak potential. The IT Analyst will successfully pave the path and take ownership of internal system/network administration and will be the internal technical contact for all departments.
Role and Responsibilities:
- MDM (JAMF) configuration and optimization of internal systems (primarily Mac OS).
- Technical asset management, forecasting, purchasing, allocation, implementation, maintenance and tracking of hardware, software, tools, licenses, etc.
- Administration/account management of SaaS applications (G Suite, Slack, 1password, etc).
- Deployment and adoption of new applications and system upgrades.
- Internal technical contact for all departments and all levels of technical needs, big and small.
- Implementation of internal ticketing process using Zendesk.
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting of technical issues to ensure teammates are set up for success.
- Onboarding / Offboarding Management: application and device administration.
- Enablement: Developing self-service onboarding programs for new system users, maintenance of technical documentation (confluence).
- Collaboration: Partner with teammates across Hipcamp to solve technology problems, aid in data gathering, reporting, etc. to ensure stability as we scale.
- Security: Contribute to writing company security policies. Once written, enforce and comply with policy with vendor and app management, security requirements (SOC, ISO, etc).
- Partner with and assist People and Finance teams with confidential matters as needed.
- Build key partnerships and relationships with various business partners to understand their service needs and develop programs to support them with quarterly business reviews, metrics, and KPI’s.
- Use data and processes to prioritize and execute market strategies so that you can continuously measure and refine your methods.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, or equivalent combination of technical training and work experience.
- 3+ years IT experience, including leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies.
- 3+ years experience of support in a technical capacity.
- Experience in a fast-growing company; direct experience with SaaS products, solutions, or ecosystems preferred.
- Proficient in driving results and outcomes while solving complex problems.
- Team and goal-oriented. High output; low ego.
- Technical Experience: Mac, PC, JAMF, GSuite admin.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems.
- Confident owning the end-to-end IT function, including making decisions and working through support tickets autonomously.
- Highly autonomous and self-driven since you will be a team of 1.
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize.
- Excited to spearhead a newly formed function at Hipcamp.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic startup environment with a distributed team.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.