Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a motivated, Sr Software Engineer with previous experience working on the design and development of instrumentation devices involving hardware control and monitoring.
The Sr Software Engineer will take over the overall design and development of all software related aspect of our prototype system. This will require first getting up to speed with the current architecture involving multiple hardware components as well as a mix of software and embedded software. After identifying strengths and weaknesses, you will elaborate a development path to guarantee we meet instruments specifications. You will be in charge of scoping the tasks on hand and allocating them between internal and external resources. As a developer you will be focusing on the integration and the main user interface. You will work closely with product management to incorporate customers and internal feedback. Building on your knowledge of the current platform capabilities and limitations, you will drive the specifications of the next generation of instruments. As a member of a small dedicated engineering team you will have the opportunity to shape our future line of products but also influence the future of the engineering department.
We are looking for a motivated, Sr Software Engineer with previous experience working on the design and development of instrumentation devices involving hardware control and monitoring. Key responsibilities include:
- Document, maintain and refine the current system software architecture
- Ensure integration of the different software components at a system level
- Identify needed software resources
- Work in close collaboration with the Director of Engineering to scope and outsource software projects to contractors either based in the US or abroad.
- Provide guidance for Software Verification and validation
- Ensure that customers’ needs, both internal and external, are translated into technical specifications
- Provide support during the deployment of our beta instruments into the field
Skills and Experience
- B.Sc./MSc. in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer preferably in a medical or health care related product development environment. Experience with instrumentation integrating hardware control is a must.
- C#, Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET framework, Linux
- Experience interfacing with microprocessor
- Experience in image processing (OpenCV) is highly desired
- Experience with artificial intelligence algorithm implementation is a plus
- Experience using AWS is a plus
- Understanding of FPGA architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel…)
- Experience with JIRA
- Motivated by solving engineering challenges
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high energy, collaborative team that possesses a strong sense of urgency. Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Enjoys bringing a new perspective to the table The candidate must be comfortable working with bacteria in a BSL 2 laboratory.