$115k – $130k • (0.2% – 0.45% Equity)
Cquence is a venture-backed, seed stage startup building video creation software for the 50 million creators who earn a living online today.
Our founding team is deeply technical and has a background in video creation. We’re passionate about enabling individuals to craft and share their stories through video.
We’re looking for a senior full-stack engineer to join our team and develop a modern platform that makes video creation fast, accessible, and collaborative.
In this role, you’ll build upon our modern tech stack. Reporting to the CTO and working closely with our entire team, you will design and implement new software patterns, improve software quality, and share best practices as we scale the team over the next year.
As part of a fast-paced agile environment, you will ship features with us daily. Across the stack, you'll directly advance the development of our Electron / React / Redux desktop client and web app as well as our Node.js / PostgreSQL / Elasticsearch back-end.
Our team values building empathy with our customers through user interviews and customer support, and you’ll be a critical part of our product development process and customer support efforts. As an early member of our small team, you’ll help guide our culture, processes, and practices as we grow and build a product that aims to impact the lives of millions of online video creators.
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of software engineering experience
- You have worked on complex web applications with React / Redux, and are fluent with front-end technologies including HTML and CSS
- You have a core understanding of API service-based architectures and RESTful APIs
- You have intimate experience with NodeJS and PostgreSQL
- You have some knowledge of testing strategy and implementation with JS frameworks
- You have experience with build pipelines
- You’re comfortable breaking down complexity into manageable tasks
- You have mentored and enjoy mentoring junior engineers
- You are excited by the autonomy and freedom to be a key contributor on a remote team
- You are US based + authorized to work in the US (core hours based on eastern time zone)
Bonus, not required
- Let us know if you have experience with Python, Elasticsearch, Terraform, Serverless Framework, Electron, FFmpeg, or Adobe CEP
- Prior experience working in an AWS environment
- Exposure to serverless architectures
- Video editing or video creation experience
- You’ll be joining a passionate, experienced, and highly-focused team building software we desperately needed as video creators
- Equity (stock options) in the company
- Remote-only environment with generous stipend towards home office or co-working space
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health, dental, and vision benefits