Frontend Engineer III
About the right team member
You’re a web developer and love to build great user interfaces. You know the best software is created through collaboration and iteration and you’re looking for the right opportunity, and the right team, to expand your experience. You seek feedback because it has the ability to turn good work into great work. You like to ship software early and often, you value simplicity and strive to eliminate unnecessary complexity.
We value people who are intellectually curious, who are pragmatic not dogmatic, and people who care about our product, their teammates, and their own personal growth. We are faced with an interesting set of technical challenges and we believe in giving our engineers the autonomy to go and solve them. Much of our team come from non-traditional computing backgrounds; we know that by bringing together a diverse set of voices we’ll be able to build a better product, and a better company. We care less about what languages or frameworks you know, and care more that you are excited to produce high-quality code and be constantly learning. Our engineers work in cross-functional teams that are focused on impact, and movement between teams is encouraged. We work very closely with our brilliant product team to deliver a world class user experience, and ultimately to empower our users to live their fullest, healthiest lives.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and QA to iterate on the design, implementation and deployment of our product
- Build reusable and scalable UI components and connect them to our backend systems
- Have working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Seek different perspectives, and solicit honest feedback
- Practice engineering best practices (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, proper monitoring)
- Take delight in delighting our users
- Care about our studio partners and want to help them grow their business
Nice to Have
- Experience with React, Redux and SASS
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Love fitness!