Senior Data Engineer
Cadre is a real estate investment platform for individual investors to access the $16 trillion commercial real estate industry. Our online platform allows individuals and institutions to invest in fully-vetted real estate investment opportunities from around the country in minutes. We combine our institutional experience from companies like Blackstone and Goldman Sachs with technology expertise from companies like Apple, Google, and Facebook to empower our investors through direct access, lower fees, greater transparency, and unprecedented liquidity. To date, we have completed over $3 billion in real estate transactions and have raised over $135M from world-class investors including Andressen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Thrive Capital, Khosla Ventures, and others.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our supply engineering team! This team includes 4 data engineers & 3 data scientists. We are focused on quantifying and automating every step of the investment process, from discovery to due diligence to asset management, through a data aggregation engine. We love engaging and interactive ways to visualize data. We currently use a combination of Tableau, Mapbox, and D3. You will play a key role in shaping our team, our roadmap, and our technical strategy.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with fellow data and software engineers to scale our data processing platform to handle a wide variety of structured and unstructured data sources
- Design, implement, and scale the end-end pipelines powering our data-driven investment models
- Process data into visualization tools, generating market and asset level insights
- Leverage machine learning techniques to increase the performance of our existing models
- Work on novel ways to visualize and present data to business stakeholders ### ### Your Expertise
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, engineering or other related field
- 4+ years experience with data-intensive backend programming
- You understand experimental design and can build for measurement and interpretation of results
- You write clean, well-structured, production-quality code in Python, Java, Scala, or similar
- You have built and deployed large-scale ETL pipelines: from data ingestion and processing to storage and validation
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores (Postgres, Redshift, Redis, Vertica, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience scraping websites with structured and unstructured data ### ### Nice To Have
- Experience with large scale processing frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, Pig, HBase)
- Experience with pandas, NumPy, scipy, scikit-learn
- You have built machine learning pipelines at a large scale
Cadre is an online marketplace that connects investors and operators of real estate.