Bandcamp is seeking a talented user experience designer to help us create new products and
features, improve existing ones, and make our site and mobile apps shining beacons of
wonder for all who gaze upon them.
Bandcamp is a global music community where fans discover great music and directly support
the artists who make it. We believe that music is an indispensable part of culture, and for that
culture to thrive, artists—no matter their identity, community, or genre—must be compensated
fairly and transparently for their work.
• Have a positive impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of artists and their millions of
fans each and every day.
• Use your expertise in user experience, interaction, visual design and prototyping tools to
create, evaluate and communicate design decisions.
• Conduct user research and use the findings to inform your work.
• Collaborate with fellow designers to ensure alignment across the product.
• Collaborate across disciplines – working closely with engineering, product management and
• Strong expertise in user experience, interaction, and visual design for consumer-facing
• A strong understanding and dedication to the user-centered design process.
• Comfort working in an iterative design environment, including managing feedback and
presenting your work.
• Experience designing across multiple devices and platforms.
• Ability to take your ideas from sketches to mockups to HTML/CSS.
• A joie de vivre that permeates your work and elevates it from good to great.
• Supplemental skills in areas like front-end development, animation, illustration, print, video,
• You live in any part of the world, but your work schedule overlaps GMT-7 at least four hours
If you meet all or most of these criteria, we’d love to hear from you! Please submit your resume, portfolio and a brief message including why you want to work at Bandcamp.