Bandcamp is hiring a People Specialist to help ensure that Bandcamp continues to be a place where we enjoy our work, our colleagues, and the ability to contribute to our mission to help artist succeed. This role is for someone with a deep dedication to learning about and implementing the best ways to develop a productive, fun and equitable work environment. You’ll be the secondp erson in our People team, and will help shape what we do, while you work with over 75 people in six countries.
Bandcamp is a global music community where fans discover great music and directly support the artists who make it. We believe that music is an indispensable part of culture, and for that culture to thrive, artists—no matter their identity, community, or genre—must be compensated fairly and transparently for their work.
- Assist teams with hiring, including responding in a timely manner to applicants, tracking applicants, and posting jobs with a focus on underrepresented communities in tech
- Plan orientations for new staff and be a warm, knowledgeable point person during their first several months
- Assist with hiring outreach at universities and conferences
- Develop, with the Director of People, ways for staff to connect with and learn from one
- Work with teams to enhance diversity and inclusion across Bandcamp
- Complete detail-oriented administrative tasks that can get repetitive, but you’re OK with that
- Experience working with teams and helping them find solutions that put people first
- Excellent, bordering on obsessive, organizational skills
- Experience and comfort working with a variety of people with a range of communication styles
- Interest in personal and professional development, and motivation to research and keep
learning in these areas
- Can fix, will-research-the-options approach
- No HR/People experience? That’s OK - if you’ve worked with teams of people in another
context we’re interested in talking with you.