Bandcamp is seeking a talented software engineer to help us improve our site search and discovery features. You’ll have significant opportunities to have a meaningful impact, helping fans find the artists that they love.
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, product and support experts to build search and discovery features
- Design and build elegant, highly performant code that makes you proud
- Work as a generalist, taking ownership of tasks from database to interface (or vice versa, as you prefer)
- Balance your attention to detail with the desire to release improvements and new features
- Offer opinions on technical decisions and directions, while being open to the opinions of others
- Have the opportunity to mentor less experienced engineers (and maybe those who are more experienced!), on your areas of expertise
You have most if not all of the following skills, talents, experience and interests:
- Experience building, evaluating, and tuning search and discovery features for online marketplaces or large catalogs
- Extensive experience with one or more of: Lucene, Solr, Elasticsearch
- A love of ruby, or extensive experience with another object-oriented language, eg. Java, Python
- Experience with rust
- A desire to work collaboratively on cross-disciplinary teams
- Web development experience within the past five years
Use this link to share your resume, CV or LinkedIn Profile and a brief cover letter (1 page at most!). Please mention the role you’re applying for and tell us more about why you’re interested in this role.