Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. We are seeking a Data Analyst on our Customer Experience team to drive our efforts to create a best-in-class customer experience by ensuring the right systems, tracking and processes are in place to set up our growing team for success. At Away, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. Our Customer Experience team is the bridge between the Away team and the thousands of people using our products every day. We're the voice of Away to our customers and advocates for our customers to the rest of the Away team.
This role will be responsible for reporting on associate metrics and performance, how we forecast case count and staffing needs, and how all of our systems work together to best serve our needs. The ideal candidate is an analytical, data-driven individual who can spot trends, drive process improvements and monitor the success of those programs. This role also requires flexibility and willingness to lean in to support your colleagues on the customer experience team as needed when the business requires. You will report into the Director, Customer Experience.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you'll do:
- Develop reporting and metrics around performance within the CX organization
- Own and implement our Customer Experience infrastructure and systems to ensure we’re optimizing our ability to serve customers compassionately, comprehensively and efficiently
- Lead forecasting of our cases and headcount across email, chat, SMS and voice; ensuring that we are always prepared to meet customer demands
- Track impact of process improvements and key changes on agent productivity and ticket deflection
- Work with our Analytics & Data Engineering teams to ensure that our Customer Experience systems have the information our Customer Experience agents need
- Collaborate with our Consumer Insights team to find areas of opportunities in elevating the customer experience through research and data synthesization
- Proactively implement processes to improve the workflows of our Customer Experience team
Who you are:
- You have 1+ years professional experience in a highly analytical role such as business intelligence/analytics
- You have an understanding and strong interest in all aspects of customer experience in the context of a direct-to-consumer business
- You have experience turning abstract problems into actionable solutions and enjoy implementing new data-driven processes
- You are intellectually curious and identify areas of analysis that have potential to add business value
- You are flexible and adapt to any business context; you understand that every new project is an opportunity for growth
- You are a team player; you understand that CX is a fast-paced environment and you are willing to pitch in across the team as volume increases or if your colleagues need a hand
- You have strong Excel modeling skills
- Experience with SQL preferred, but not required
- Experience in Looker, Tableau, or other business intelligence tools preferred, but not required
- Experience with Kustomer, Zendesk, Assembled or other customer experience tools preferred, but not required
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You love to travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.