The IT department at Airtable is seeking an IT Systems Engineer to assist us in choosing, maintaining or building tools to automate all the internal processes and applications.
In this role, you’ll gain a deep knowledge of IT and cross-functional applications and processes and apply integrations to enable us to grow in a secure, automated way. That entails everything from new-hire onboarding, to cross-company access change requests, to administering the growing list of SaaS tools.
What you'll do
- Design & implement automation to make IT processes repeatable, scalable, and secure
- Using standalone code, webhooks, or API integrations to optimize and connect our SaaS environment
- Guide build vs. buy decisions for integrations and tooling for IT and other departments
- You will work with stakeholders within the company to design, configure, implement, maintain and promote a variety of internally facing applications, including G Suite, Okta, Slack & BetterCloud
- You will research, install, maintain and troubleshoot application plugins/add-ons
- Be available to resolve general Helpdesk tickets, providing swift solutions for all employees
- Document procedures, policies, technical instructions, and securitization practices
- Work on IT projects from research to implementation as well asks projects assigned
Who you are
- 2+ years of experience
- Solution oriented: What you build will impact all of Airtable
- You are experienced with administering and developing in and against SaaS, and applications and services, including G Suite and Slack
- You have a comfort and familiarity with modern development practices and the development lifecycle with experience using Scrum, Kanban, Lean, or other agile methodologies
- In this role, you are organized and analytical, adept at working in a high-performing team environment, able to follow a project schedule, have a continuous improvement mindset, and are capable of handling multiple priorities concurrently
- You have experience with either Python or Bash for macOS system administration
- You are self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work independently
- Experience administering Okta (or another SSO platform), JAMF, and G Suite in an enterprise environment
- Knowledge of networking concepts
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world.
Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.