📧 Frauvis Newsletter
Welcome To The Frauvis Digest Issue #112
curated by Naya Moss
Become A Member | Get Hired | Post A Job
- Danita Codes for using the Cocktail API to create their Bar At Home project
- Deja Drummer for working on Kevin Powell’s 21 day challenge - conquering responsive layouts
- Ehi Aimiuwu on dropping a QA course: Learning the Basics of the QA role
✨ In The Community
🚀 I Read 2,216 Resumes. Here’s How You Stand Out by Ali Abdaal
💰 We're All Gonna Build It; Alchemy $25M Developer Grants Initiative #web3
💜 What is discrimination and how can you cope?
📋 Forget LinkedIn, Your Next Job Offer Could Come via Slack
🔐 A Day In the Life of a SOC Analyst
⚙️ Make your job search less of a job with these automation tips
🤖i.am.ai AI Expert: Roadmap to becoming an AI Expert in 2022
- Jun 21-24 - Linux Open Source Summit
- Jun 24 - BIPOC Tech Summit 2022
- Jun 29 - Transitioned to Tech; Remote Fireside Chat and Q&A
- Jun 29 - CISA's Cybersecurity Hiring Event
- Jun 30 - CBF Fest by Coding Black Females
🗣Call For Papers
- Semperis is hiring a Software Engineer (Remote)
- Semperis is hiring a Senior Cybersecurity Incident Response Consultant
- Semperis is hiring a System Administrator
- Fever is hiring a Junior Privacy Counsel
- Fever is hiring a Junior Backend Engineer
- Daybreak Health is hiring a React Full Stack Engineer
🌍 Around The Web
👊🏾 #BlackTechTwitter for Life by Darryl of The New Stack
📚New Book from tech professor, and artist, Dr.Bryan Hotchkins: My Black is exhausted
🤖 Matthew Finney, Harvard Data scientist, Sheds Light On Algorithmic Bias And Why The World Needs More Black Data Scientists
🔭 Black History: 26-Year-Old Douglas Williams Helps Launch 'The World’s Most Powerful Telescope'
🤔 George Floyd's Murder Sparked A Wave Of Promises From Big Tech: Was It Just Performative?
🤝 Employers & Allies
👊🏾 9 Great Organizations, Businesses To Support This Juneteenth (and all year round 😉)
🤝A World of Difference: What Keeps Companies from becoming more Inclusive
✍🏾 Founders Note
How are you? Wow, this was such an enlightening Juneteenth weekend! How did you spend your weekend?
I took some time to write down all the services and software I use, then researched Black companies, businesses, and entrepreneurs I can start supporting instead. I also watched In Class with Carr, Ep. 119: Juneteenth Through African History, finished Trevor Noah's book Born a Crime, and a few chapters of The 1619 Project.
🌸Welcome New Members
Alexjandria E., Naomi R., Adetoun A., Courtney J., Tamra B., Martha N., Lavender N., Fisayo E., Keyshante S., Lexus R., Wendy A., Gladys O., Tarsha S., Sharae M., and Tiara E.!
🎁 Thank You
to our latest supporters, Amanda C., Emily H., Tashay G., and Sia. 🤗
AND, a huge thank you Faith A. for joining our first week of standups in Slack! Faith has been the embodiment of Getting Things Done! 💪🏾🥇
Have a great week! See you next Tuesday! 🌈
Naya, Founder & CEO
Frauvis is a bootstrapped company run by one person, if you'd love to support to keep Frauvis running, consider buying a coffee ☕️