Carra is a pioneering beauty-tech platform set to revolutionise the textured hair market. With its savvy combination of science and data, Carra is on a mission to become the no. 1 global personalisation platform offering custom hair care routines, expert advice, personalised product recommendations.
Targeting the world’s fast growing multicultural community (70% of the world’s 7.4bn citizens), we are transforming an underserved market by combining human expertise and machine learning to offer a deeply personalised experience.
Carra is a black-owned and all womxn team
We are a small fun loving startup team all passionate about transforming the textured hair industry for the better. We are 100% remote first across London, Amsterdam and Dubai. As an early-stage startup, we value growth and agile mindset, and prioritise progress over perfection. Got an idea? Let's hear it. All ideas are welcome and ownership is encouraged.
💻 Tech Stack
- Typescript / CSS on frontend
- Next.js as React framework
- Frontend runs on Node.js / PM2 / AWS
- Laravel as php framework, for the backend which serves as a API for the frontend
- Laravel Nova for the backend admin UI (which is based on Vue) - adaptation, customization required)
NB: We expect to replatform (e.g. PHP) as we scale
🏝 Perks & Benefits
This role includes:
- The opportunity to make your mark on a growing company. We encourage everybody to pitch in with ideas and suggestions on the journey ahead.
- Autonomy to work on what you think is most important, in the way that you think is best. We trust everybody we hire to understand our goals and work on what is most important to achieve them.
- Get exposure to all aspects of the business. We are a small team and that means you have the opportunity to dip your toes into all aspects of the business, which is great for clearing your mind when there is a bug you just can’t crack.
- Amazing growth and personal development opportunities. We understand that everybody learns differently, so whether you want to go to a conference, workshop, meetup or just carve out some time to learn that new technology, we will find ways to support that.