All participants of Frauvis are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct, both online and during in-person events that are hosted and/or associated with Frauvis.
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we pledge to make participation in our project and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
- Do not spam.
- Do not post or link to content that is abusive, hateful, or offensive.
- Do not post or link to content that is off-topic or disruptive of the discussion.
- Do not post or link to content that threatens or harasses others.
- Do not post or link to content that discloses private or personal matters concerning any person.
- Do not post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Do not post, link to, or otherwise direct users to advertisements or solicitations.
- Do not post or transmit any file that contains viruses, corrupted files, “Trojan Horses,” or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else’s computer.
- Do not post any material that violates the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
- Do not impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Do not violate any other applicable law or regulation.
Violations of the Code of Conduct may be reported by sending an email to email@example.com. All reports will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
We hold the right and responsibility to remove comments or other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any members for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
Frauvis is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
This code of conduct applies to all Frauvis spaces, including our mailing list, Slack channels, and Meetup Page, both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of our leadership team.
Some Frauvis spaces may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence.Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking or following.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- A pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
- Publication of non-harassing private communication.
Frauvis prioritizes marginalized people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort. Our leadership team reserves the right not to act on complaints regarding:
- ‘Reverse’ -isms, including ‘reverse racism,’ ‘reverse sexism,’ and ‘cisphobia’
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as “leave me alone,” “go away,” or “I’m not discussing this with you.”
- Communicating in a ‘tone’ you don’t find congenial
- Criticizing racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions
If you are being harassed by a member of Frauvis, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the leadership team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the person who is harassing you is on the team, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident. We will respond as promptly as we can.
This code of conduct applies to Frauvis spaces, but if you are being harassed by a member of Frauvis outside our spaces, we still want to know about it. We will take all good-faith reports of harassment by Frauvis members, especially our leadership team, seriously. This includes harassment outside our spaces and harassment that took place at any point in time. The abuse team reserves the right to exclude people from Frauvis based on their past behavior, including behavior outside Frauvis spaces and behavior towards people who are not in Frauvis.
In order to protect volunteers from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of Frauvis members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Part of this Code of Conduct is adapted from dev.to.